SculpSure aftercare – What to do after your treatment
Immediately after treatment
With SculpSure, there’s no downtime—you’ll be able to go back to work or resume your normal activities the very same day.
You may experience some mild discomfort in the part of your body you’ve had treated—similar to how your muscles feel when you’ve done intense exercise.
To get the best results from the treatment, you might want to:
- take a few minutes’ rest
- massage the treated area, although this isn’t necessary for the healing process (unlike other similar treatments)
- exercise the same day—this will help your body to break down the fatty tissue
You should drink plenty of water for the rest of the day and on the days and weeks afterwards.
The following weeks
- You don’t need to do any special activity.
- From six weeks you should start to see some changes in your body shape.
For the best results:
- Eat healthily
- Exercise regularly
- Drink lots of water (the recommended daily amount is 1.6–2 litres)
- Massage the treated area each day
To help keep your body contoured over the long term, you’ll need to continue with a healthy lifestyle.
- Your clinician will recommend a follow-up consultation after your treatment to check your progress.
- Keep up your healthy lifestyle, including good exercise and a balanced diet.
Can I fly?
Yes—there’s no reason you can’t get on a flight straight away. The only thing to bear in mind is that you might experience a bit of soreness, so a flight—especially a long one—may be a little uncomfortable.
Can I drink alcohol?
Yes. You don’t need to wait a set amount of time before you can have a drink.
Can I sunbathe?
Yes. As the lasers target the area at least half an inch below the skin, you’re safe to sunbathe after the procedure. However, we do recommend that you wait seven days after your treatment before you lie out in the sun.
Also, you shouldn’t sunbathe at any time during the week leading up to the treatment.
How should I massage my skin after SculpSure?
Rub the treated area gently for 5–10 minutes twice a day. You should do this for at least 2–3 weeks, or until your next treatment (if you’re having more than one).
Massaging the skin:
- increases blood flow to the treated area
- reduces swelling
- helps break apart the fat cells under the skin so they can leave your body via your bloodstream
It won’t give you better results, but it will speed up your recovery time in terms of swelling and soreness.
Does SculpSure cause swelling?
Yes—it’s normal for SculpSure to cause some mild swelling. Some patients experience more swelling than others, and some parts of the body—such as the inner thighs—swell more easily because they’re more sensitive.
Any swelling will settle down quite quickly, and massaging the area helps speed this up further. Taking paracetamol might also help.
Will I be in pain after having treatment?
You shouldn’t experience any pain. Instead, you may feel some mild discomfort, as if you’d done an intense exercise workout. This dies down after a short time and you’ll be able to resume your everyday activities straight away.